SHoW DMX SHoW Baby® 6
Maximum Bandwidth Technology™ Part #: DMX-5702M
Experience the ultimate simplicity of plug and play with the groundbreaking power of SHoW DMX Neo® Max Technology.
City Theatrical has provided the benchmark in wireless DMX systems for entertainment for over a decade with the award winning WDS™ and SHoW DMX® systems.
SHoW DMX SHoW Baby 6 is incredibly easy to use and incredibly affordable, while still offering the quality and advanced features of SHoW DMX Neo technology, so SHoW DMX SHoW Baby 6 is perfect for the venue or performance where a full featured SHoW DMX system might be too sophisticated or too costly.
The SHoW DMX SHoW Baby 6 represents a breakthrough in plug-and-play wireless DMX and RDM transmission - a single unit that can be used either as a wireless DMX Transmitter or Receiver. Set-up couldn’t be simpler with SHoW DMX SHoW Baby’s instant plug-and-play configuration: For a Transmitter, connect DMX IN, for a Receiver, don’t.
SHoW DMX Maximum Bandwidth Technology allows SHoW DMX users to avoid nearly all broadcast interference by confining their radio output to the general area of
Wi-Fi channel 14, which is not used at all in the U.S. and is used relatively less in other countries. The new, sixth, SHoW ID in SHoW Baby 6 gives SHoW Baby Max Technology capability to help avoid interference in a crowded spectrum.
When a DMX cable is plugged into the SHoW DMX SHoW Baby’s DMX Input, the SHoW DMX SHoW Baby senses the connection and configures itself as a transmitter. If no cable is connected to the DMX Input, the SHoW Baby configures itself as a Receiver.
All you need now to set up a SHoW DMX wireless DMX system is two SHoW DMX SHoW Baby units and two minutes!
Need to scale up your SHoW DMX SHoW Baby 5 system?
Using the five different SHoW IDs available with SHoW Baby 6, you can set up a multi-universe system by adding additional Transmitters or use multiple separate SHoW Baby systems in the same area.
How it works:
There are still seven indicator lights on the front of the SHoW Baby, four for signal strength, one to designate whether it is a Transmitter, one to designate whether it is a Receiver, and a Data present light.
In SHoW Baby 6, that Data light (now labeled ID/Data) serves a second purpose, and that is to designate the SHoW ID. A small indented button on the back, when pushed, cycles through the five SHoW IDs, and the user only has to be sure the Transmitter and all Receivers have the same color selected on the Data/ID light.
If there are two SHoW Baby systems in an area, or if a user needs to scale up a multi-universe system by adding additional Transmitters, he needs only to select a different color of Data/ID light.
All SHoW Babys are still compatible with the full SHoW DMX Neo system and can be used as receivers on that system.
- SHoW DMX Neo™ 2.4GHz Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) Radio
- Wirelessly broadcast and receive a full Universe (512 slots) of DMX
- Robust wireless DMX512 and RDM data transmission
- 6 Possible SHoW IDs – including the original SHoW Baby 201, and Neo Max
- Full compatibility with previous SHoW Babys
- Extremely low 7mS latency
- RDM proxy and responder functions
- Instant plug-and-play configuration: For a Transmitter, connect DMX IN, for a Receiver, don’t!
- 72mW ETSI broadcast power
- Mounting Bracket for installation with C-Clamps or similar hanging hardware
- Included CL2 12VDC Power Supply with international plug set
- Included 2dBi Omni-directional Antenna
- Neutrik® 5P XLR Connectors for DMX IN and DMX OUT
- NEMA 1 Steel and ABS enclosure
- Aluminum Mounting Bracket for ½” Hardware for C-Clamp or other hanging hardware
Electronic/ Functional Features
- DMX IN and OUT via Neutrik 5P XLRs
- LED indicators: Tx (set as transmitter) Rx (set as receiver) Data (data present)
- Color indicates SHoW ID: Green – 201, Cyan – 102, Magenta – 117, White – 133, Red – 149, Yellow - 165
- RF Signal Strength (4 LEDS) Low to High
- Applications: Indoor Shows, Events, Environments, Clubs, Schools, Churches
- Catalog Number: 5702M / 5702M-3
- Broadcast Power: 1mW ETSI, 14mW ETSI, 28mW ETSI, 72mW ETSI (Settable only through RDM)
- SHoW DMX Neo Broadcast Modes SHoW ID 201: Adaptive Neo Full Bandwidth
- SHoW ID 102: Neo Full Bandwidth
- SHoW ID 117: Neo Low Bandwidth
- SHoW ID 133: Neo Mid Bandwidth
- SHoW ID 149: Neo High Bandwidth
- SHoW ID 165: Neo Max Technology
- SHoW DMX Classic Broadcast Modes: N/A
- DMX Burst Modes: Full (512 Slots)
- Ethernet Protocols Supported: N/A
- Hopping Patterns: 3
- Show IDs: 6
- Radio Transceiver: CTI 5792
- RF Sensitivity: -95dBm
- RDM Features: RDM Proxy, RDM Responder
- Compliance Certifications: FCC, IC, CE
- Power: 12VDC 200mA (100-240VAC 50/60 Hz to 12VDC Adapter provided)
- Dimensions: 3.625”W x 1.8”H x 3”D (92mm x 46mm x 76mm)
- Weight: 6.4 oz (181g)